Information

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Not Just a House but a Home

Let's face it....mom and dad are not going to live forever. It's never too soon to start thinking about the appropriate housing solution for a child who will require additional supports all their lives.

Attached is an article about a concept called co-housing. It's one of the ideas that I'm hearing about at meetings that I attend.It's exciting to see options that more closely resemble what we truly want for our kids; safety, dignity, choices, and supportive community.

https://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/how-the-triangle-became-ground-zero-in-the-cohousing-movement/Content?oid=7724948




No comments:

Post a Comment

Using OneDrive App on IPads by Matt Kennedy

I wanted to share this post I saw in the QUAT listserv because I was always searching for a way to complete worksheets when my daughter was...